Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Duff by Kody Keplinger

The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Published: September 7, 2010
Publisher: Little Brown/Poppy


Synopsis: Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face. 

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.
****
The Duff (The Designated Ugly Fat Friend) was one of my favorite contemporary books few year back, and yet I’m writing the review right now. Oh well! Anyway, I loved it. The Duff is a quick, funny, and hot read. I was able to read it in one sitting. It was hard for me to put it down.

Bianca, our main character, is a character I’ve never read about before. She’s witty, funny and sarcastic. I loved her, and her sense of humor. One of the reason I loved this book was because of her, and also Will, but mainly her. Bianca and Will’s relationship is fascinating. I loved the back and forth wit between the two. It made me laugh throughout the book.

Other things that I thoroughly enjoyed were the relationship between Bianca and her friends, which I loved. Her friends are the best! They are friends that you wish you can have. Also, the end of the books is so sweet and romantic. All in all, I believe this is a book that everyone, especially teenagers, will love.

Overall, the pace of this book, the characters, and the plot is just fabulous. The Duff is a book that you don’t want to miss out. For an 18-year-old gal, Kody did more than an amazing job on her debut novel. 
P.S. The movie in was funny, but nothing like the book. So, I recommend you to read the book. 
Rating: 5/5 (Recommend it, so buy it, devour it, love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment