Saturday, March 14, 2015

Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg


Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Published: April 1st, 2012
Publisher: Point

Synopsis: Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.
****
This book was my favorite contemporary book in 2012, and Elizabeth Eulberg is one of my favorite authors. 

You have no idea how much I love this book. It such a cute, adorable book! Take a Bow follows four unique, talented teenagers: Emme, Ethan, Sophie and Carter. I loved all characters, especially the member of Teenage Kicks: Emme, Ethan, Jack and Ben. Jack and Ben cracked me up throughout the book. It’s been a long time since a book has made me smile this much throughout the book, and even after I finished it, I had a smile on my face.

Carter is adorable, sweet guy. He really wants to be normal, to have normal friends, a normal life and not act all the time. Emme is a sweet girl; she’s very quick to forgive people. Ethan is kind of a reserved, quiet guy yet nice and caring. Sophie is a selfish, heartless and very manipulative. She uses Emme and Carter; she plays with their emotion. Even though she’s not my favorite, I really liked how she made the story more interesting. 

Take a Bow is written in four POV. I know some people, including me, get confused when a book is written in multiple POV but I didn’t have problem with this book, I didn’t get confused ones. 

I also loved how there is music in this books; it made the book more appealing. I think the characters were funny but also had depth and seemed real. I was able to relate to every single character. From the first moment I opened this book, I was smiling from ear to ear. This book went really fast for me, when I didn’t even want to finish it; it was that good.

The way Eulberg wrote this book was amazing. The writing is so beautiful. It’s another reason that I fell in LOVE with this book. Eluberg sense of humor, writing style, characters, and storyline will draw you and keep you cozy. There is NOTHING I would change about this book.

I can’t recommend this book enough! Every single person should buy this one; you won’t be disappointed. I have no doubt that if you are a fan of contemporary novels, music, and romance … you would adore this book. You are going to be missing a FANTASTIC book if you skip this one.

I also recommend all of Elizabeth Eulberg's books; The Lonely Hearts Club being on top of the list. 

Rating: 5/5 (Recommend it; so buy it, devour it, love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment