Sunday, March 15, 2015

Die For Me by Amy Plum


Die For Me by Amy Plum
Published: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen

Synopsis: In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again. 
****
I wasn’t planning to read this book at all. My sister and I went to the library and I was browsing the YA section when I came across Die for Me. I picked it up and read the back. The synopsis caught my attention right away, so I thought I’ll try it. I’m glad I ended up picking it because I loved it.

I loved this book. It started off a little slow for me, but it began to pick up after the first hundred pages. This book is a fresh take on the paranormal genre. There are so many books out there about vampires and werewolves etc. (hey, I’m not complaining! I do like those books too), but I have never come across Revenants. The concept of the revenants was interesting, different, and very cool.

Kate was an interesting character—an average teen with no parent. Kate develops a lot throughout the book. She is a great example of female/human heroine. I really liked her, and was able to relate to her. One of the reasons to Kate’s change is Vincent. Oh la la. This guy is HOT! I was *swooning* the whole time I was reading. He is sweet, a gentleman, and romantic. 

I love the relationship between Vincent and Kate. Not only does Vincent hold Kate's heart, he also holds mine. Vincent and Kate are a couple that will have all readers cheering for them to have their happy ending. Plus, the setting of this book is Paris. <3 I think that may even be the reason I picked this book. I loved that Die for Me was set in Paris. It made the romance in this book more romantic.

Die for Me is the right mixture of romance and mystery. It’s a must read. Amy debut was FANTASTIC! She did an amazing job.  I can’t wait to read the second book in this trilogy.

Rating: 4.5/5 (Recommend it; so buy it, devour it, love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment