Sunday, April 19, 2015

Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum

Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum
Published: May 08, 2012
Publisher: HaperCollins 

Synopsis: Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.


As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.




****


Warning: this review might contain spoilers for those of you who have not read the first book.
After reading Die for Me a few days ago and loving it, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy of Until I Die right away. And I was grateful I didn’t have to wait till it comes out, even if it was only for a few weeks. 

Until I Die was much better than the first book. As I mentioned on my review, the beginning of Die for Me was slow, but Until I Die was fast paced from the start. I loved it. I’ve said this before and I’m going to say it again, the setting is in the beautiful city of Paris, which is amazing. When you add that to the unique plot, incredible characters and heartwarming story, you got yourself one hell of a book. 

I was very happy to be back to the world of Kate and Vincent. I adored both of them in a way I never had other characters. We find out more about them, their relationship has developed since the last book, and we get to learn about the Revenants more in depth. To be honest, sometimes, while reading I found myself looking forward new info about their history, it’s intriguing. I was also happy to see other characters from the first book: Ambrose, Jules, Georgia, and Charlotte. They made the book more fun and just fabulous. We also get to meet new characters: Violette and Arthur. They all were the icing on the cake. 

The main plot of this book is Vincent and Kate trying to find a solution they both can live and be happy with. It was touching to read about what both Vincent and Kate put themselves into to have a great future together. I loved both of them from the beginning and reading Until I Die made me fall in love with them even more, if that’s possible. 

Until I Die ends in a major cliffhanger. (Ugh.) I don’t like cliffhangers, but I was very impressed how Plum pulls it off. I can’t wait to read book three and the last book, I believe, in this trilogy. Amy Plum won my heart with both her debut novel and the second book in this trilogy. She created a unique world and beautiful story that every paranormal fan would enjoy. 
                 Rating: 5/5 ( Recommend it; so buy it, devour it, love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment