Monday, April 13, 2015

The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols

The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols
Published: February 07, 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Synopsis: Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken.

Then Addison pressures Gemma to join the date with one of Max’s friends. But the more time they all spend together, the harder Gemma falls for Max. She can’t help thinking that Max likes her back—it’s just too bad he’s already dating Addison. How can Gemma get the guy she wants without going after her best friend’s boyfriend?
 

****
Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite YA authors out there. I just adore her books, and when I saw her new book, I was super excited and I already knew that I was going to love it. And I did. I loved it. It’s such a cute, fun love story that I devoured. 

I really liked Gemma. She’s sweet, passionate, self-conscious, and a teenager. She’s a believable character. I also loved Max. He’s adorable. He’s sweet, honest, and very different. Max says/blurts out what comes to mind; sometime it’s good, and sometimes it’s not. I found him to be not your typical YA male character. 

When you read a book, there is that one character that you don’t like very much. Well, that character for me is Gemma’s so-called best friend, Addison. I hated her from the first page. She’s controlling, annoying, and ungrateful snob. I was frustrated reading about her and how Gemma put far too much in Addison’s bipolar personality. Addison makes me cringe every time. I was so happy when Gemma did what was right and stand up for herself. Simply put: Addison is not a good friend. 

Throughout out the book, we saw Gemma grow and found her own way. She starts to find what she wants and needs. That’s one thing I loved most about this book was the characters and how they were developed throughout the story. I loved The One That I Want. It’s a fun read that I recommend everyone to check out. 

Rating: 4/5 (Recommend it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment