Monday, April 6, 2015

Balthazar by Claudia Gray

Balthazar by Claudia Gray
Published: March 06, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen

Synopsis: For hundreds of years, the vampire Balthazar has been alone-without allies, without love.
When Balthazar agrees to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, he has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye's newfound psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel, seductive master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Now Redgrave plans to use Skye's powers for his own evil purposes.
Balthazar will do whatever it takes to stop Redgrave and exact his long-awaited revenge against his killer. As Skye and Balthazar stand together to fight him, they grow closer-first unwillingly, then undeniably. Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by her. . . .


****
I don’t read a lot of vampire books; in fact, I only read 2 vampire books so far. So it was good to add a GREAT vampire book to the other 2 previous books. Balthazar is described as “one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray’s New York Times bestselling Evernight series.” It was a good line to get me started to read this book. I wasn’t even half way through when I found out why EVERYBODY seemed to like him because I ended up liking him too. 

Balthazar is a hottie. Seriously! I loved everything about him. He’s so sweet, respectful, caring, charming, and just PERFECT! He’s doesn’t let himself get attached with anyone, and he’s been alone for over 100 years. He’s been leaving by one rule: no human. Until, of course, Skye waltz in his life. Other than little trouble relating to her, Skye was a great, strong female character; always putting on a brave face, even when there is a danger coming in her way.

Balthazar was a quick read even though it’s close to 400 pages; I was able to get through it easily. The romance in this book was amazing; Balthazar and Skye are perfect for each other. It’s written in third person with two POV: Balthazar’s and Skye’s. It’s a standalone book, and I did love the ending but I can’t stop myself from wishing it could be a series. I wouldn’t mind more of Balthazar and Skye.

If you haven’t read the Evernight series but want to read Balthazar, do so. Because I didn’t read it and I wasn’t confused at all. Gray has a way of describing details amazingly, and the story didn’t even bore me; she did a fabulous job with this book. I highly recommend this novel. And since I loved Balthazar, I can’t wait to start the Evernight series. 


Rating: 4.5/5 (Recommend it; so buy it, devour it, love it)

1 comment:

  1. I read the first book in the Evernight series 6 years ago, and loved Balthazar then - its nice to know he eventually gets his own story!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete